- Baba Dham or Baidyanath dham is a glorious jyotirlinga, as other twelve jyotirlingas, is located in Deoghar, in the Santhal Parganas constituency of the state of Jharkhand, in India.
- He is also called as Vaidyanath Jyotirlinga is located at Prajwalika Nidhanam which means, “Funeral Place, i.e. Chithabhoomi”. This Baba Dham is said to be one of the most sacred abodes of Lord Shiva in the form of Baidyanath Jyotirlinga as Lord Shiva himself is the deity of time, that is why we call him Mahakal, he is also a crematorium. He also carries the remaining ashes on his body after burning dead bodies. After death, the body becomes pure, there is no work, anger, greed, attachment, to it. It is believed that Lord Shiva attaches himself to the spirits by applying that sacred ash on his body.
Adi Sankaracharya Has Praised Vaidyanath Jyothirlinga In The Following Verses:
“Poorvothare Prajwalika Nidhane
Sada Vasantham Girija Sametham
Srivaidyanatham Thamaham Namami”
Baidyanath Jyotirlinga And Chidabhoomi Significance
- Vaidyanath Jyotirlinga is located at Prajwalika Nidhanam i.e. Funeral Place, where dead bodies were burnt and post-death ceremonies took place.
- Lord Shiva is worshipped as “Smasan Vasin” has been the epic-centre of tantric cults like Kapalika or skull-men who smeared their body with ashes from the cremation ground, to honor Lord Bhairava in the form of Lord Shiva.
- Vaidyanatha Jyotirlinga is in the form of “Vaidyar” i.e. doctor, one who relieves dreadful disease of the devotees.
- This place where Goddess Sati Devi’s heart had fallen is called as “Mahashakti Peeth”
Benefits of Performing Baidyanath Jyotirlinga Homam
- Solve Chronic Skin Disease, Skin Disorders, Bacteria and Fungi Allergy
- Cure Fever, Sore throat, Loss of Appetite, Red Watery Eyes, Blood Vessels problems
- Bless nourishment, joy and happiness, improve physical and mental abilities
- Remove sufferings and misfortunes, bless abundance of wealth and prosperity
- Protector and Destroyer of Evil Forces, Blessed with Healthy and Long Life