- Dhumavati Jayanti is one of the pious festivals celebrated across India. This day glorifies the arrival of Goddess Dhumavati as a pious manifestation of Goddess Shakti.
- On Dhumavati Jayanti, Shakti took the form of goddess Dhumavati and arrived on earth. This day is also prominently known as Dhumavati Mahavidya Jayanti. The big day falls on the eighth day of Shukla Paksha Ashtami in the month of Jyestha.
Significance of Dhumavati Jayanti
Goddess Dhumavati acquires great importance in our mythological past. She is one of the most furious and bold avatars of goddess Durga. Goddess Dhumavati is one of the great ten Mahavidyas. There is a very imperative tale linked with the goddess Dhumavati. Once, Lord Shiva was doing intense meditation, and at the same time, Goddess Parvati asked him the secret of his great contemplation and concentration powers. Lord Shiva was so engaged that he didn’t revert to Parvati. She got angry and swallowed Shiva. Because of poison in the body of Shiva, Goddess Parvati started releasing fumes and a tremendous amount of smoke. Lord Shiva requested her to release him. When she finally released him, he cursed Goddess to stay as a widow. After this incident, Goddess Parvati came to be known as Dhumavati or composed of fumes and smoke. Goddess Dhumavati is defined as Devi, who is a widow and unfathomable. She is regarded inauspicious but is widely celebrated for her unflinching powers.
Rituals of Dhumavati Jayanti
- There are specific rules to abide by while celebrating Dhumavati Jayanti. The first and most important thing is to wake up early in the morning before sunrise. Take a bath and then proceed with the rest of the ceremony. Then clean the puja place and also the sculpture of goddess Dhumavati.
- Worship Goddess with flowers and lighting incense sticks. It is auspicious to recite special Dhumavati mantras to please the goddess. It is good to adorn black coloured cloth while doing the puja as it amplifies the prayers to whole new folds. The preparation of a special prasad also takes place in the puja ceremony.
- One of the most important rules to follow during Dhumavati Jayanti is that married women are not allowed to perform the puja. They can observe and participate in the puja, but tales say that they should not conduct the puja themselves. Goddess Dhumavati is worshipped mainly by tantriks to become invincible. There are certain personalized rituals that one can follow by seeking advice from tantriks on Dhumavati Jayanti.
Boons of celebrating Dhumavati Jayanti
Dhumavati Jayanti is celebrated with great charm and ecstasy. It is one of the most beautiful festivities as it magnifies the significance of Goddess Dhumavati. Following are significant windfalls of worshipping Devi on Dhumavati Jayanti-
- Devi Dhumavati helps in getting rid of evil energies.
- One can attain great courage and power by proper worship of Goddess Dhumavati.
- Goddess blesses devotees with utmost harmony and accomplishment.
- One can gain success and can attain incredible feats with the blessings of Devi Dhumavati.
- The negative impact of Ketu can be eradicated from the root by observing the Dhumavati Jayanti puja.
- Dhumavati Jayanti worship helps in getting rid of depression, anxiety, and stress.
- Goddess Dhumavati boosts intellectual and spiritual caliber.
- Goddess Dhumavati is a manifestation of pious Shakti, and her energies are enough to fight the negativities of life.
- One can attain tremendous salvation and wisdom by determined worship of Devi Dhumavati.
- Worshippers can deal with complications and troubles of life effortlessly.
Follow all the rituals and ceremonies on Dhumavati Jayanti and ascertain great benefits.
Click here to Know More Details for Performing Dhumavati Homam