Guru Purnima is a very pious and beautiful occasion. It commemorates the great gurus who have educated and glorified human history. Guru Purnima also proclaims the birthday of the popular sage Ved Vyasa. Thus it is also widely known as Vyasa Purnima. The sacred day of Guru Purnima falls on Ashadha Purnima of Shukla Paksha month. The beautiful day takes place in the bright lunar fortnight when there is a full moon.
Significance of Guru Purnima
- Guru Purnima is the day solely dedicated to the powers and influence of spiritual gurus in human existence. This day is remarkable because it honors the most renowned sage and philosopher of our mythological history. Guru Purnima is dedicated to the great sage Ved Vyasa. He is the primary creator behind the distinguished and sacred texts, including great Vedas, Puranas, and Mahabharata.
- Guru Purnima is the day we bestow our token of thanks to the great guru Ved Vyasa to teach us our mythological culture. He is the most meritorious guru as he is the one behind formulating the great Hindu lores. There are more legends linked with this phenomenal day. Lord Buddha created his first-ever sermon on Guru Purnima only. It was also the day when the great Lord Shiva appeared as the Adi Guru. The supreme god Shiva in Adi Guru aspect inculcated the seven distinguished rishis, which are also the seers of the great Vedas.
Rituals of Guru Purnima
- On Guru Purnima, we adore gods who are the ultimate teachers in our lives. It is the day that celebrates the importance of gurus and teachers in our lives. Guru Purnima brings in a lot of happiness and vitality in life as it helps us understand the significance of gurus. Various rituals take place on this beautiful occasion. The foremost activity to do on Guru Purnima is to idolize the ancient gurus and godheads and offer them dedicated prayers. One should also worship and devote gratitude to the existing teachers of their lives.
- Vishnu puja is yet another substantial puja performed on this day. Vishnu is an excellent godhead, and he teaches a plethora of values to humans. By worshipping him on Guru Purnima, we can dedicate thanks and prayers to the entire universe of deities. It is very promising to recite the Vishnu mantra on Guru Purnima.
- One of the most vital activities linked with this occasion is to chant Vishnu Sahatranam or reciting thousand great names of Lord Vishnu. Reciting these names will bring optimism and fortune in life, especially on Guru Purnima. People also perform fast on this day.
- They generally avoid consumption of heavy diet and non-vegetarian food. During fast, eating fruits and curd is allowed. The Guru Purnima puja takes place in the evening, and people open their fast at that time only. They distribute fruits, curds, and other items among the poor and break their fast by eating delicious food items.
Boons of Guru Purnima
There are a good number of benefits of celebrating Guru Purnima. It is the best occasion to present gratitude to the teachers of one’s life. Worshipping and idolizing teachers helps in attaining great heights in life. Idolizing teachers will bring optimism and will to do great in life. Celebrating Guru Purnima with great affection and charm will heighten the prospects of education in one’s life. Those who want to establish notable milestones in their life must observe the day of Guru Purnima with sheer devotion and fondness. Guru Purnima is also the day when we can seek the pious blessings of mighty Shiva as he is the ultimate Adi guru.
Also Visit: https://www.vedicfolks.com/life-time-management/karma-remedies/homams/mahavatar-babaji-and-18-siddhars-homam.html