Lord Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga
Lord Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga
- Each of the twelve Jyotirlinga is different manifestation of Lord Shiva and the primary energy of each manifestation is “Lingam”, which represents beginning-less and end-less is described as an boundless platform, said to hold the universe with cosmic power and existence with endless material creation.
- Lord Mahakaleshwar is known to be Lord Dakshinamukhi, facing south, is a unique appearance, unlike other Jyotirlingas. Noteworthy Lord Yama is the master of southern direction is a subordinate of Lord Shiva, so south becomes the direction of Lord Shiva and the opening of “Shalunkas” is southwards, and its Pinda power possess more spiritual energy.
- Lord Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga is famous for aarti with ash, which means “Bhasma Aarti”, which is a sacred ritual which begins at 4 a.m. in the morning to wake-up Lord Mahakaleshwar.
- After a sacred bath of “Jal Abhishek”, do shringar (spread of oil all over the Linga “anoint” and dress him with Vastram and Garland with flowers for the day) and ignite around him oil and ghee lamps, incense and other puja items.
- The Bhasma Aarti is the ash said to be from the funeral pyres in olden days, but now is prepared from fresh cow dung, as one of the offerings to Lord Mahakaleshwar symbolically denotes, that he is the “God of Time or Death”, which is beyond man’s control.
- An ancient understanding is that, man is reduced to ashes after death, and hitherto, it is believed that, he bows in front of Lord Mahakal, as a sense of honor and respect, having given him the opportunities in the present world and to acquire Lord Mahakaleshwar blessings to attain Salvation and relieving from Cycle of re-birth. As an ancient practice an offering is made to the Lord, the sacred ash and offered to devotees as sacred “Vibuthi” assuming that he acquires the blessings of Lord for all prayers and he is blessed with all life desires. Only after a fresh ash is impounded for the day, the day ritual is said to commence.
Attributes Of Lord Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga
1. Lord Mahakaleshwar is described as “Akshayaguna”, the one who has unlimited attributes and qualities.
2. He is the Ishwar of Timeline, Beyond Death.
3. The Lord who controls the flow of time to create, to preserve, to destroy
4. He is the leader of time who guides the entire existence in its path from creation to destruction.
5. He is the author for ultimate time-line. Post destruction everything become wholeness, numerous things become united.
6. Energy of Destruction destroys the “Prakriti” or Nature of everything, that was in existence, leaving behind, only with ashes.
7. Ashes are the purest form of material, after destruction. Lord Shiva wrap his body with ash which cannot be altered, is a single form of property and always be permanent. This form symbolize Lord Shiva as, one who is always permanent, never change his attributes, remain wholesome, proves all other things, temporary.
Lord Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga Mantra
“Om Hroum Mahakaleshwaray Namah”
This sacred mantra grant wishes and all success in life, destroy evil and sorrow.
Benefits of performing Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga Homam
- Removes hurdles and blockades, ensures victory in all tasks, create progress in life
- Protects your from Untimely death, Deadly disease, protect you from evil and negative forces
- Gain prominent skills, enhance your personal and professional career, win business goals
- Elevate Financial Status in life, achieve prosperity in life, gain knowledge and wisdom
- Acquire material gains, grants relief from inherited problems, gain amenities and luxuries