MAHA SHIVRATRI CELEBRATION
A Night of Bliss of Lord Shiva Suppresses Enmity, Anguish; Bless Immortality, Success, Joy and Prosperity in Life
Maha Shivratri is a cosmic event observed in the honour of Lord Shiva where devotees offer their ultimate prayers to Lord Shiva and to Goddess Parvati, to get the blessings to overcome the inevitable obstacles and inequities in life which means symbolically, the dark days are over eliminating the ignorance.
Why We Are Celebrating Mahashivratri?
Maha Shivratri is devoted to Lord Shiva. According to Hindu mythology, on the day the devotees fast and offer the phase to Lord Shiva during night where, Maha Shivratri is commented as “the Great Night of Lord Shiva”. Another auspicious event, Lord Shiva married to Goddess Parvathi, which day to celebrating the Maha Shivratri.
Another Reason For celebrating The Maha Shivratri
- In ancient times, Maha Shivratri was celebrated by Hindu religion who was “Shaivas.” Maha Shivratri is celebrated during night time by the devotees chanting sacred mantras to get the blessings from Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathi. According to one legacy, poison by name as Samudra Manthan emerged from the ocean . This terrified the gods and demons as the poison was capable of destroying the entire world, and they ran to get the help from Lord Shiva.
- To protect the world from its evil effects, Lord Shiva drank the deadly poison but held it in his throat instead of swallowing it. This made this Lord Shiva throat turns to blue. So, his name was given as ‘Neelakanda’, by generated character we are saving the universe he consumes poisonous. Maha Shivratri is the celebration of this event by which Lord Shiva saved the world.
Fasting Of People For Maha Shivratri
Observe Full Day Fasting, A Night Long Vigil
Take the Blessings of Rudrabhishekam
Worship Ekadasa Rudra and chant Ekadasa Moola Mantra Japa
Listen to Rudram Chamakam Parayanam
Benefit from the grace of 108 Shank Abhishekam
Whole Night Dayan chanting “Om Namah Shivaya” 1008 times
Maha Shivratri Puja Along With Fasting
Spends the whole day for the devotion of Lord Shiva. Visits nearby Lord Shiva temple and performs poojas at home.
Benefits Of Fasting On The Day Of Maha Shivratri
- Purify yourself prevent diseases and infectious germs.
- Stay blessed and protected from evil forces
- Develop strong family relationship, alleviate sins, karmas and doshas
- Prevent disasters, thefts, and drought, and achieve success
- Attain salvation, enrich wisdom and knowledge
Click here to Know More Details for Maha Shivratri Special