Srisailam Lord Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga
- Sri Bhramaramba Mallikarjuna Temple are the abodes of Lord Mallikarjuna in the form of Lord Shiva and Goddess Bhramaramba in the form of Goddess Parvati, is a famous temple situated at “Srisailam”, Andhra Pradesh.
- Lord Shiva abodes here in the form of Lingam and Jyotirlingam is a devotional radiant symbol of Lord Shiva. The presiding deity is Lord Mallikarjuna is swayambu who is self manifested appearing with his consort Goddess Bhramramba is one of the 18 Shakti Peethas, in existence since ancient time. Lord Shiva iconic Lingam is in a symbolic form of firmness which is phallus by nature is worshipped by devotees as Lord Mallikarjuna with his comsort Goddess Bhramramba, also worshipped as goddess Brahmani Shakti with eight arms, in her Silk Sari Attire.
Histroy of Lord Mallikarjuna and Goddess Bhramramba
According to Agni Purana, once Demon King Hiranyakashipu did severe penance to please Lord Mallikarjuna and was blessed with a boon that unrivalled combat prowess, high skill in use of bow and battle weapons with the blessings of other gods. According to Skanda Purana, Lord Rama and Goddess Sita has worshipped Lord Mallikarjuna in Tretayuga. Once Pandava brothers has visited this temple and offered prayers to Lord Mallikarjuana during Dwapara Yuga. Also Great Sages and philosophical Saints have visited this temple namely Siddha Nagarjuna, Sage Adi Sankaracharya, Siva Sarani Akka Mahadevi and Veerashaiva Saint Allama Prabhu. Once Chandravathi, daughter of Chandragupta Patana, worshipped jyotirLinga daily by adorning it with Jasmine (Mallika) flowers. Lord Mallikarjuna appeared before her, blessed salvation, sending her to Kailash. This temple is famous for seeking the blessings to clear past sins, attain self-realization and ultimate well-being.
Benefits of Performing Srisailam Mallikarjuna Jyothirlinga Homam
- Attain Self-Consciousness, Self-Empowerment, Self-Attainment
- Bless with Cosmic Purity, Protect from evil effects, restore good health and happiness
- Remove Past Sins of Seven Previous Life, fear of death, Bless Long Life
- Attain Divine Knowledge, Enrich Power of Creativity, Incomparable Ideas
- Protect from Negativities, Evil Effects, attain Good Health, Joy and Happiness
- Fulfill Life desires, remove friction from bondages, bless Abundance, Peace and harmony