Vaikunta Ekadashi is one of the most beautiful occasions in Hindu culture. The day remarks the glory of supreme Lord Vishnu. The festival is celebrated in the pious month of Margashirsha. Vaikunta Ekadashi is commemorated across India with great tenderness and zeal.
Significance of Vaikunta Ekadashi
The most important implication of Vaikunta Ekadashi is that on this day, the royal kingdom of Lord Vishnu was obtained and accomplished by Nammalwar. He was an ardent worshipper of the Sri Vaishnava Sampradaya. One more interesting legend linked with the prominent festival Vaikunta Ekadashi is that a monster called Muran appeared and bothered all godheads. Vishnu’s female power known as Ekadashi demolished the diabolical monster. Since then, Vaikunta Ekadashi is celebrated to commemorate the importance of Ekadashi.
Rituals of Vaikunta Ekadashi
Following are the most important rituals which are maintained in the Vaikunta Ekadashi festivity
The first thing to do during the Vaikunta Ekadashi celebration is to wake up early and take a bath. Then the devotees must clean the place of worship and devote their heartfelt prayers to the Lord Vishnu. The idol of Lord Vishnu should also be thoroughly cleaned. Later devotees should offer special prasad and prayers to the deity. They must wish Lord Vishnu on the occasion making special mention of his great victories.
On Vaikunta Ekadashi, it is very important to worship Krishna too as he is the eighth and one of the most significant avatars of Lord Vishnu. Chanting the special mantra of Hare Krishna will add more grace to the entire processing of Vaikunta Ekadashi. Chanting Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare for approximately 108 times will help in captivating the pious blessings of Lord Vishnu. It is also advised that ardent devotees of Vishnu must also give a read to Bhagavad Gita. This will bring a stream of good thoughts into the soul of the devotees. Worshippers should also make a visit to Lord Vishnu temple to present a special puja and prasad to the great godhead. One of the most powerful rituals of this festival is to observe a fast of Ekadashi to please Lord Vishnu. The fast has the power to free the devotee from all the past life sins and other antagonistic impacts. Organizing a feast for the poor and doing charities in the name of supreme Vishnu should also be performed to commemorate the beautiful occasion Vaikunta Ekadashi.
Boons of Vaikunta Ekadashi
There are a good number of benefits of worshipping Lord Vishnu on Vaikunta Ekadashi.
- Lord Vishnu protects his devotees from the wrath of evil powers.
- Worshipping and idolizing Vishnu brings in fortune and optimism in life. Adoring him on the day of Vaikunta Ekadashi increases the magnitude of blessings to whole new folds.
- Vaikunta Ekadashi festival will devote devotees towards a happy and spiritual path.
- The occasion will also sanctify your heart by bringing in the ocean of good thoughts and positive vibes in the mindset.
- One of the most important benefits of the Vaikunta Ekadashi festival is that it grants liberation to the ardent Vishnu devotees from the vicious birth and death cycle.
- Devotees who are suffering from prolonged pain can get instant relief by devoting prayers to the supreme Vishnu on Vaikunta Ekadashi.
Lord Vishnu is one of the most supreme deities in Hindu mythology. Worshipping him can bring in an abundance of benefits for the worshippers. If you want to please Lord Vishnu and attract his blessings. Then, celebrate the occasion of Vaikunta Ekadashi with a sheer commitment by following all the rituals and with a pure heart. His blessings will bring an aura of positivity and vitality to your life.
Please visit this link by Performing Dashavatara Homam