- Varalakshmi Vratham is a very graceful occasion to celebrate the mighty and positive energies of Goddess Lakshmi. This auspicious occasion falls on Shravan Shukla Paksha or in a bright half period of the lunar month.
- Varalakshmi Vratham generally falls on the second Friday of the Shravan month. Varalakshmi Vratham is solely dedicated to Lord Lakshmi. All the rituals and arrangements on this day are to gratify Goddess Lakshmi.
- She is one of the most powerful deities in our mythological history. Her true worship will bring glory and happiness to the house. Varalakshmi Vratham is celebrated in almost all significant parts of India.
Significance of Varalakshmi Vratham
- Varalakshmi Vratham is eminently famous because the tales say that Goddess Parvati is the one who initiated the series of this puja. Goddess Parvati conducted this puja with full-fledged arrangements to get the godsends from Goddess Lakshmi. Since then, every year, the festivities of Varalakshmi Vrathamam started taking place.
- Varalakshmi Vratham is a very important vratham as it is related to the supreme Goddess Lakshmi. It is stated that worshipping Varalakshmi means to captivate the bliss of Mahalakshmi that is the eighth pious form of Goddess Lakshmi. Devotees can get the blessings of great Aadi Lakshmi, who is the Protector of her devotees.
- You can attain the bliss of Dhana Lakshmi, eminently known as Goddess of Wealth. One can nurture the windfalls of Dhairya Lakshmi, who is defined as the Goddess of Courage, Sowbhagya Lakshmi is the Goddess of Prosperity. Devotees can receive the blessings of Vijaya Lakshmi or Goddess of Victory.
- One can earn the zealous boons of Dhanya Lakshmi is also known as the Goddess of Nourishment. One can also ascertain the bliss of Santana Lakshmi or Goddess of Progeny.
- And, you can also achieve righteous blessings of Vidhya Lakshmi, ideally known as Goddess of Wisdom. The celebrations of this vratham present the invocations to eight forms of Goddess Lakshmi. It is why the day is commemorated with great warmth and happiness. It creates a flair of joy and ecstasy in the devotees.
Benefits of Varalakshmi Vratham
- Goddess Laksmi signifies financial prosperity. One can amass good stability in the economic area by pursuing Varalakshmi Vratham with firm dedication.
- All the existing debts will start declining, and you will lead a happy and prosperous life by doing this Vratham.
- Goddess Lakshmi will grant you with utmost wealth and fortune.
- Doing Varalakshmi Vratham will cheer devotees with lifelong happiness and abundance.
- Goddess Lakshmi also strengthens the consciousness, vitality, and knowledge in worshippers.
Goddess Lakshmi is the goddess of granting boons. She is regarded as Varalakshmi. Idolizing her with a positive and clean mindset helps in attracting her glories and blessings.
Rituals of Varalakshmi Vratham
- On Varalakshmi Vratham, devotees keep a strict fast to please Goddess Lakshmi and get boons from her. In the morning, after a bath, the puja place is cleaned with gangajal.
- The statue of Lakshmi is cleaned; then, the puja is conducted by lighting lamps and chanting Lakshmi aarti, mantra, and Lakshmi path.
- After the puja, women generally tie a sacred string to other women to embark on the day of the great goddess Lakshmi. Some people also perform charity in the name of goddess Lakshmi. And others perform devoted Sankalp to please the great Goddess.
Follow all the above-stated rules and celebrate the day of Varalakshmi Vratham with great zeal and ecstasy. Goddess Lakshmi will help you in leading a fruitful and nurturing life. In 2021, Varalakshmi Vratham will fall on 20th August. Celebrate the coming occasion with complete dedication and please Goddess Lakshmi to attain fruitful boons.