- Hasta nakshatra consists of five prominently easily visible stars of the constellation known as the Corvi (the crow), which lies below the constellation of Virgo.
- These five stars, whose grouping was seen by the ancient Vedic seers as resembling the top of a hand (five fingertips), known in modern astronomy as the Alpha-Corvi, Beta-Corvi, Delta-Corvi, Gamma-Corvi, Epsilon-Corvi.
- Beta-Corvi is the brightest amongst these stars with a visual magnitude of 2.66.
- The constellation representing this asterism Corvi can be located in the night sky below the constellation Virgo to the right side of the Zodiac.
- It lies very close to the right-hand side of Spica, one of the brightest stars and can thus be easily spotted despite its relative faintness.
Hasta Nakshatra Male Characteristics
- The make native of this nakshatra will be of a cool and calm nature. He tends to have a very charming smile that tends to readily attract members of the opposite sex.
- The qualities have a positive impact on everyone and once they get to know them, it is really difficult to neglect them. He has very high self-esteem in society.
- This nakshatra native is always ready to help the needy. He helps each and everyone without any expectations in return. Deception is not in his creed, he will never tend to cheat others at any cost. As far as living is concerned, he loves to lead a simple life, even if he is rich. He doesn’t believe in flaunting his wealth.
- Even after all the positive qualities he only gets criticism in return. He has a lot of patience, and very confident enough that one day he will be rewarded for all the efforts he puts in.
Professional Life: The native of this nakshatra is very disciplined and professional. The people quickly grow to lead their organizations and become businessmen.
Compatibility: The native of this nakshatra will have a happy married life. He has a very understanding wife who conducts all the household work admirably. However, one odd trait is observed that in the wife of this wife is that she will be involved in same-sex activities.
Health: The native of this nakshatra will likely catch a cold and cough frequently, especially during the changing weather. So he must take good care of himself so he has to not develop asthma in the future.
Hasta Nakshatra Female Characteristics
The female native of this nakshatra is naturally shy. She has great regard for the elders. She is a person who doesn’t like to be ordered around. She is outspoken and does not care about the impact her words might have on the other person. This can be a reason why some relatives may resent her behavior.
Professional Life: Usually it is observed that the females of this nakshatra do not work because there is no financial compulsion because her husband and in-laws are well-off. However, when she is married into a house with a humble background, she is usually seen working in fields as farmers or at construction sites.
Compatibility: She will enjoy a very smooth and compatible. Her spouse will be very rich and caring, she won’t have any problems with the in-laws. She will also enjoy bringing up her children who will love her so much.
Health: The female native of this nakshatra is god-gifted with good health, but is prone to minor health issues which include high blood pressure, Varicose veins, and asthma at the later stages of their life.
Mode of Functioning: Passive Nakshatra
Caste: It belongs to the Vaishya (merchant/business)class of people.
Gender: Male Nakshatra.
Body Parts: Hands are the body parts of this nakshatra.
Direction: East, South, North, and North-west
Hasta Nakshatra Padas (Quarters):
1st Pada: The first pada or quarter of the asterism 10 00’- 13”20’ Virgo falls in Aries Navamsa and is ruled by Mars. This pada results in exhibiting high energy associated with determination & will power which makes one an expert in almost every activity that they undertake. The professions which relate to Mathematics, Military, and surgical skills are enhanced here. If Mars and Sun are well placed then this pada is the strongest.
2nd Pada: The second pada or quarter of this asterism 13”20’- 16”40’ Virgo falls in Taurus navamsa ruled by Venus. The emphasis here is on down to earth practicality. Planets positioned in this pada seek material arrangement and perfection as their only dharma. Honest and morality are more developed here in comparison to other padas. This pada supports artistic activities. A well-placed Mercury and Venus and Saturn give good results here.
3rd Pada: The third pada or quarter of this asterism 16 40’- 20”00’ Virgo falls in Gemini Navamsa ruled by Mercury. This is the pada of the merchant trader and business person. The emphasis here is on the career. This is the most dexterous and clever amongst the Hasta padas. Perfectly placed Mercury here increases the native’s intelligence and skills.
4th Pada: The fourth pada or quarter of this asterism 20 00’-23”20’ Virgo falls in Cancer navamsa are led by Moon. The focus here is on family life and communal co-existence. This pada promises material security at the same time promotes suspicion towards anything foreign. This pada consists of all the best and the worst qualities of this Nakshatra. Only a well placed Jupiter gives stronger results here especially in regards to having good progeny.
Lucky Number: 2
Lucky Letters: D, N, P, S
Lucky Colors: Deep Green
Lucky Stones: Pearl
Advantages of wearing Pearl
- Wearing a pearl stone enhances the power of the moon, which signifies softness, charming eyes, love, family life, steady mind, and other good things.
- A person suffering from tensed minds, indecisiveness, depression and instability in life is advised to wear a pearl stone.
- Pearl stone is recommended for people who have anger and temper issues.
Remedies for Hasta Nakshatra
- One can strengthen this nakshatra’s good qualities by worshiping the Sun and other creative forces at sunrise. All the remedial measures normally associated with the sun can be applied to this nakshatra.
- Worship of Lord Vishnu or any of Vishnu’s incarnation us a way of getting in touch with the higher energies of this nakshatra.
- A person who is benefitting from the positive energy of this nakshatra can increase the good effects in the ways mentioned above. It is helpful for them to wear lighter shades.
- Repetition of the root mantras of this nakshatra- “Om Jham” and “Om Nyam” 108 times when the moon transits this nakshatra and in this corresponding Lunar month helps to reduce the suffering and bring enlightenment in Person’s life
- Following Hasta favorable directions, colors, numbers, letters and worshipping Serpent deities, the natives can expect significant changes and improvements in the standard of life.