Akshaya Tritiya is a glorious festival of Hindu and Jain followers. It falls on the lunar day of auspicious Shukla Paksha Tritiya Tithi in the Vaisakha month. The Vaisakha is marked in April or May, and thus Akshaya Tritya is celebrated in either of these two months only. This festival illustrates eternal prosperity. Akshaya Tritiya is also prominent as Akha Teej. The event is celebrated with utmost euphoria by the Hinduism and Jainism followers. Akshaya Tritya acquires a sacred place in the Sanatana Dharma.
Akshaya Tritiya and Lord Vishnu
On the Akshaya Tritiya, one of the principal deities, Lord Vishnu, is worshipped. This day is solely dedicated to the mighty powers of Vishnu. On this day, the sixth incarnation of the god Vishnu that is Parshuram was born. Parshuram Jayanti and Akshaya Tritiya fall on the same day every year, which intensifies the importance of this day to a whole new extent.
Significance of Akshaya Tritya
Akshaya Tritiya is no wonder the best time of the year to boost prosperity and wealth. It is stated that making any new purchases on this day brings in more wealth and riches in the house. The best thing to buy on Akshaya Tritiya is gold. Purchasing gold is said to be the most pious and fruit-yielding activity on Akshaya Tritiya. If one wants to attain immense wealth, then they can organize charities on this day.
- Akshaya Tritya bolsters prosperity and harmony.
- By participating in celebrations of this festival, devotees can attract wealth and grace towards them.
- The day marks monetary stability and good financial gains.
- People suffering from indebtedness or shortage of wealth are advised to celebrate Akshaya Tritya with great momentum.
- This festival is also an excellent day for getting married. As per legend, Lord Sundaresha got married to Goddess Madhura. The couple who tie knots on Akshaya Tritiya is blessed with utmost love and marital bliss.
- Akshaya Tritiya is the perfect day to begin any new task or do something auspicious.
- Burying gold commodity boosts luck and goddess on this great day.
- Akshaya Tritiya is also a good day for ceremonies like Griha Pravesh. Entering into a new home on this day brings more peace and happiness to the house.
Why is purchasing gold auspicious on Akshaya Tritiya?
On the Akshaya Tritiya, the sun’s rays are the gloriest, and they fall on the earth’s surface with outstanding sparkle. Sun’s rays and energies are often correlated with gold. In epics and Puranas, the sun equates to gold, and this is the prime reason why buying gold is the holiest activity on Akshaya Tritiya.
Akshaya Tritiya Rituals
- In 2021, Akshaya Tritya will fall on May 14. On this day, you can conduct homams, puja and charities to allure wealth, goodness and peace. Dedicated devotees of Lord Vishnu celebrate mighty God with great enthusiasm.
- The devotees perform a full-fledged puja of Vishnu on Akshaya Tritiya by bestowing sandalwood tilak and basil leaves. Chanting Vishnu Chalisa and fasting for him is another profound activity that worshippers must perform on this day.
- Celebrate the coming festival of Akshaya Tritiya with utmost devotion and determination and gain significant benefits. Pleasing Lord Vishnu is straightforward. He is effortlessly allured by his devotee’s dedicated and firm actions.
- One more important ritual linked with the auspicious Akshaya Tritya is Ganga Snan. Worshipper takes a holy dip into the Ganges to seek immense elation.
- It is illustrated that bathing in Ganga on Akshaya Tritiya helps people in shedding the binding of past life sins. Celebrate this auspicious festival with your near ones and bring positivity and prosperity to the home.