Maha Shivaratri Fasting Rules And Its Importance
Maha Shivaratri is considered as most important for the devotees of Lord Shiva. Millions of devotees fast on Maha Shivaratri. As mentioned in the puranas people who observe fast on Maha Shivaratri with full devotion and dedication will attain the divine blessings of Lord Shiva.
How To Fast On Maha Shivaratri?
Fasting on Shivaratri begins in the morning and ends next day morning. Many devotees fast without even taking a single drop of water or it’s also recommended to fast with fruits, water or some easily digestible foods.
Do’s And Don’ts Of Fasting
- Avoid foods made up of rice, pulses or wheat.
- Devotees can take easily digestible foods like fruits, water etc
- Take a bath and be clean before fasting.
- Observe fast for the full day and break it on the next day after taking bath.
Maha Shivaratri Puja Along With Fasting
Spend the whole day with complete devotion by chanting Shiva Mantras. Visit near-by Shiva temple, perform poojas at home and perform abishek to Shiva Linga with cold water or milk etc.
Benefits Of Fasting On The Day Of Maha Shivaratri
- It purifies one’s soul
- Brings peace in life
- It removes obstacles and misfortunes
- Wealth and prosperity flourishes in your home
- It helps acquire health and longevity
- Also, ultimate goal of liberation can be achieved