Narasimha Jayanti is a very significant occasion. This day beholds the importance of Lord Narasimha who is the fourth and most idolized incarnation of God Vishnu.
Significance of Narasimha Jayanti
- Narasimha is one of the most glorified and highly influential Hindu gods. He is the supreme incarnation of Lord Vishnu. The legends and notable tales illustrate that Lord Narasimha made a special appearance in Satyuga times.
- His main motive was to end the bad deeds of Hiranyakashipu by killing him. Evil King Hiranyakashipu was trying to kill his son Prahalad because he was ardent followers of gods, and he believed in performing good feats.
- Prahalad was a great devotee of Vishnu, and when Narasimha, an avatar of Vishnu, found Prahalad in a drift and catastrophic scenario, he appeared to save him.
- It is one of the most prominent stories linked with mighty Lord Narasimha. The story is the primary reason behind celebrating Narasimha Jayanti.
- It is why Narasimha is worshipped with such great enthusiasm and love because he represents the victory of good karmas over bad ones. He teaches great things to his devotees and never fails to protect his worshippers when they’re in need.
Narasimha Jayanti rituals
- There are three main rituals performed on Narasimha Jayanti
- Fast is kept for Narasimha on his Jayanti. A few rules bind the fast; the worshipper must wake up before sunrise and take a bath. After the bath, the next task is to perform Vishnu puja in a full-fledged manner. Performing Sahasranama Stotra during the puja is very precious.
- After puja, offer water to Surya devta and proceed with the fast. All other rules of this fast are closely similar to Ekadashi fast. Chanting the Vishnu mantra during the fast period is another promising activity.
- It will keep the devotee motivated and linked with the positive forces of Lord Vishnu. Lord Narasimha puja is performed in the evening too in the sayankal period.
- Sankalp is also an essential tradition performed by determined Vishnu followers on Narasimha Jayanti. It is generally performed in the afternoon.
Benefits of worshipping Lord Narasimha
- There are a good number of boons that one can amass by the worship of mighty Lord Narasimha. He is one of those gods who represent ideal values and being a man of action.
- Worshipping him with ardent passion will add more integrity to life. He represents Lord Vishnu as his important avatar. Vishnu puja helps in accomplishing great milestones in life with great ease.
- Lord Visnu always remains with his devotees and blesses their life by easing out hurdles from them. Worshipping him attracts happiness, prosperity and stability in life.
- Narasimha Jayanti is a very pious occasion. It is the best time when we can seek the promising boons of Lord Vishnu blessings. The Jayanti is the perfect time to showcase love, dedication and affection for the supreme God Vishnu. This year in 2021, the great Narasimha Jayanti will fall on 25th May.
- The auspicious time to perform puja is also significant to follow while proceeding with the puja. The most effective time to conduct is by following Chaturdashi Tithi.
- It will commence at 12:11 PM and terminate at 08:29 AM on May 25, 2021. The best time to perform Madhyanha Sankalp time is from 11:04 AM to 1:43 PM on May 25. The Parna can be performed at 5:45 AM on May 26.
- Celebrate the great day of Narasimha Jayanti following these timings and make the best of this beautiful occasion.
Click here to Know More Details for Narasimha Homam