- Shani Jayanti is one of the most prosperous occasions celebrated in India with utmost joy and enthusiasm. This day is dedicated to Lord Shani.
- He is the son of Surya dev, and his birth ceremony is commemorated as Shani Jayanti. It is observed on Amavasya in Vaisakha month. Shani puja acquires an important place in Hinduism culture.
- Shani is considered a Saturn planet, and thus it occupies an extraordinary role in the astrology arena. The entire Hinduism community celebrates Shani Jayanti because the blessings of Shani are fundamental to lead a healthy and happy life.
Rituals to perform on Shani Jayanti
Shani Jayanti is a wonderful day to celebrate. Generally, Shani puja is performed on Saturday as the day is dedicated to him in all Hindu gods. But when Shani Jayanti approaches, one should organize a special puja on it along with the routine Saturday puja. Following are some of the most prominent rituals which take place on Shani Jayanti-
- Shani dev is offered special prayers on his birth ceremony. People visit the nearby Shani temple and present him offerings and dedicated prayers. Shani paths or special Shani mantras are chanted with great dedication and determination to please Lord Shani.
- Another pivotal ritual to perform on Shani Jayanti is cleaning Shani Moorti. The statue is cleaned with gangajal, oil, clean water and panchamrit. The sole motive of cleaning is to remark the importance of Shani’s birth. It is to lure the blessings of God Shani.
- One of the most famous rituals on Shani Jayanti is to offer a particular mala made with nine different and precious crystals. The mala is garnered to Shani’s statue after cleaning it.
- The primary charity event also takes place on Shani Jayanti. People majorly donate black things on this day. Generally, black cloths, mustard oil and sesame are donated to needy people on this day.
The ideal place to celebrate Shani Jayanti
There are two most distinguished temples of Shani in India. They are the Thirunallar Shani Temple of Puducherry and the Kokilavan Dham Shani Dev Temple of Uttar Pradesh. But it is not mandatory to execute Shani puja in these temples only. Devotees can conduct the Shani Jayanti puja in any nearby Navgraha or Shani Temple.
Benefits of Shani Puja
There are a significant number of advantages of Shani Puja and especially on the Shani Jayanti day-
Shani puja brings positivity and wealth to the house.
- One can attain success in their actions as Shani puja eliminates the malicious implications from one’s life.
- Shani is one of those gods whose wrath is very terrible. To prevent it, Shani puja for pleasing Shani is very pivotal. By performing Shani Chalisa or Shani path on his birth ceremony, one can easily connect with the positive energies of Shani.
- Lord Shani puja helps in seeking god fortune as it eliminates all the hurdles from one’s life.
- Shani Puja on Shani Jayanti helps in combating Shani dosha.
- One can amass great energy and self-confidence by idolizing God Shani.
- Shani represents Paap Graha, and if he is worshipped with great dedication and commitment, one can prevent the adverse complications which arise out of paap grah.
Shani Jayanti is one of the most meaningful events, and it must be celebrated with great dedication. If you want to attain the blessings of mighty lord Shani, then perform all the rituals, puja and Homam in a well-organized manner. Shani puja brings peace and curbs negativity. This year in 2021, Shani Jayanti will fall on 10th June. Celebrate Shani Jayanti and bring in the ray of positivity and happiness in life.