- Goddess Mahalakshmi symbolizes auspiciousness, abundance and extreme beauty. There are many special references in Sanskrit that is very synonymous with the deity like saundarya i.e. beautiful, samriddhi meaning prosperity and saubhagya meaning good fortune. She’s bountiful with everything one needs in life she showers wealth, good fortune, knowledge, prosperity in every possible way.
- She keeps the coffers filled, pots full of grain, and she multiplies progeny or lineage.
- She also bestows inner wealth or innate virtues called sadguna that reflect the quality of the goddess.
- She manifested from the ocean during its churning by the gods and demons for the nectar of immortality
- She is the consort of Lord Vishnu, the protector of humans and the one who maintains cosmic harmony.
Ashtalakshmi - Invite Wealth with Goddesses Who Fulfill Human Needs and Desire
Goddess Ashtalakshmi is a deity of eight forms of Goddess Lakshmi, the supreme power of wealth, prosperity, and good luck. Lord Vishnu the protector is the consort of Goddess Lakshmi and divine mother of all well-being. She is the universal power of abundance, prosperity, and quality of being auspicious and successful, and her divine name Goddess Lakshmi is a symbol of the existence of life, living creatures, wealth, and prosperity.
The word “Ashta” means Eight and refers to eight different aspects of life, which cater to the life desires of a native. Aspects of life are robustness, fortunes, productiveness, wisdom, bravery, competence, progenitor and triumph. This makes her proud to be a sole and celestial divine in the life of the natives.
The gracious wealth blessings of Goddess Lakshmi is Multi-fold on Jayanti day:
Adi / Maha Lakshmi - Primeval or Great Lakshmi an ancient form bestow happiness
Dhana Lakshmi - Goddess of Wealth and Prosperity – Six armed, a Protector of Wealth
Dhanya Lakshmi - Goddess of Food Grains, an eight armed, denotes Protection and Welfare
Gaja Lakshmi - Goddess of Animal Wealth, a four-hand, one who protects Nature
Santana Lakshmi - Goddess of Fertility, Childbearing, Divine Mother
Veera / Dhairya Lakshmi - Goddess of Courage, valour of battles
Jaya/Vijaya Lakshmi - Goddess of Victory, success in endeavors
Vidya Lakshmi - Goddess of Knowledge, resembling Goddess Saraswathi, the wisdom
Benefits of Performing Ashta Lakshmi Homam on Lakshmi Jayanti
- Dissolve negative emotions and vibrations around you.
- Get eight types of blessings like material, progeny, success, valor, food, etc. from eight forms of Lakshmi
- Prevent hurdles in acquiring money, success, education and clears paths to progress.
- It helps to increase your coffers so that there’s no dearth of your daily needs.
The Eight forms of Divine Goddess is invoked in spiritual ways performing Homam’s and Puja’s is one of the powerful and effective means of worshipping the Goddess to get her grace and receive her blessings.