Maha Shivaratri Puja Vidhi
Maha Shivratri is the biggest Hindu Festival which falls on February 13, this year. Performing pooja on Shivaratri is so auspicious. Seeking blessing of Lord Shiva on Shivaratri day helps to remove all our past sins and fulfill all our desires. Sincere worship on the day brings tremendous benefits. Shiva Puranas says abishek to Shiva Linga on Maha Shivaratri is one of the most auspicious worship. As each product milk, ghee, yogurt, honey, sugar, water has different benefits.
Maha Shivaratri Puja Procedure:
- Take a clean bath early in the morning. A holy bath on Maha Shivaratri not only purifies body, it also purifies the soul. If possible, use holy Ganga water or you can also add black sesame seeds into the water.
- Observe fast for the full day and break it on the next day
- Perform pooja to Lord Shiva and also abhishek to Shiva Linga.
- Abhishekam can be performed with milk, rose water, sandalwood paste, ghee, honey, yogurt, sugar and water.
- One must visit Shiva temple if possible
- Offer Lord Shiva’s favorite bilva leaves and flowers
- Keep chanting “Om Nama Shivaya”
- Do puja on Shivaratri night also.
- Stay awake for the whole night by praying and chanting mantras.
- Break the fast next day after taking bath.
Maha Shivaratri Puja For Women
It is more beneficial to women to worship Lord Shiva on such a day. Married women pray for their husband, sons and unmarried women worship to find a suitable partner.
Maha Shivaratri Puja Timing:
These are the auspicious time to do pooja on Maha Shivaratri Night
Ratri 1st Prahar puja Time: 18:10 – 21:16
Ratri 2nd Prahar puja Time: 21:16 – 00:22
Ratri 3rd Prahar puja Time: 00:22 – 03:29
Ratri 4th Prahar puja Time: 03:29 – 06:35